State Representative Scott Suder's (R-Abbotsford) bill would make premises registration voluntary rather than the current mandatory policy. The lawmaker believes that was the original intent of the law signed in 2004. However Ehlenfeldt says with a voluntary policy, disease can still spread with overlooked animals.
"If you don't know all of it you still have a huge job to do to identify that population," says Ehlenfeldt.
"As evidence of the neglect of this agency to answer as to the effects of this program upon unalienable rights, please reference these questions that went unanswered by the previous and current Secretary of the USDA as well as the other enumerated questions in my previous comment entry on this proposed rule."
1. What is the specific authority that grants USDA the power to register personal real estate as a premises without prior consent, power of attorney in fact, or by persons lacking legal age or capacity?
2. Does registration of real property as a premises become a permanent assignment to the affected property?
3. Does registration of real property as a premises constitute a burden or encumbrance on the affected property?
4. Does registration of real property as a premises alter, impair, diminish, divest, or destroy allodial title of land patentees, or heirs or assigns?
5. Does registration of real property as a premises constitute a taking as defined in the to the ?
6. Will those affected by premises registration of real property be compensated for any taking, in what amount, by what standard of elevation, and frequency?
7. Does an agency memorandum, on premises registration of real property, stand as an act of law?
8. Where, by an as legislated within the bounds of Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution, has USDA been given authority to register real property as a premises or otherwise implement the ?
9. Where in the U.S. Constitution is USDA given authority to register real property as a premises or otherwise implement the National Animal Identification System?
10. Will future land title and use of private real estate be impacted by implementation of the National Animal Identification System, resulting in further Federal regulation or authority?